More than two-thirds of the Physics of the University of Basel graduates initially remain in the higher education sector for a few years in order to obtain a doctorate. The job prospects are good; because of the low number of students, this will remain the case for the foreseeable future. Graduates of a physics degree program are open to many fields of activity, for example in:
- Industrial production (machine, watch, high-tech, electrical, chemical and optical industry, microtechnology, software)
- Research and Development (industry and government / private research institutes)
- Teaching (high schools, universities)
- Medicine (eg medical physics),
- Communication, science journalism
- Public administration (examination, calibration and patent offices)
- the financial world (consulting, banking, insurance, risk assessment)
- Other (transport, energy and safety specialists, personnel services)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Nano and quantum physics
- Particle physics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 15 other Masters in Mathematics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the master’s degree program follows a motion presented by the examination commission of the faculty, in which it recommends to the rectorate to either allow or deny the admission.
- In the event that a bachelor’s degree only partially fulfills the requirements listed in the master’s study regulations, the admission can be issued contingent on the student taking certain classes in the bachelor degree program.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 850 each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.