The Advanced Ceramics division at Nagoya Institute of Technology focuses on electronic materials that contain no harmful substances and can be deployed with safety and reassurance; electronic materials for information processing and storage that exhibit novel functionality by combining the magnetic, electrical, and optical characteristics of ceramics; catalyst materials that enable scrubbing of exhaust emissions; energy-converting ceramics applicable to fuel cells and storage cells in lieu of engines, which are of particular interest to the automotive industry; materials that can enhance the comfort of dwellings through their insulating or humidity regulating characteristics; and bio-ceramics for regenerating live tissue such as bone.
Thus, this division is involved in the development and application of core materials to support vital industries related to the environment, IT, energy, health care, civil engineering, and architecture.
In this division, the goal is to cultivate human resources with an aptitude for the systematic study of ceramics science and other scientific disciplines, who can create a groundbreaking realm of science and develop novel engineering applications. We welcome those with a basic knowledge about substances, who are fascinated with research, development, and applications in ceramics science.
- Ceramics Physical Chemistry
- Functional Properties of Ceramics
- Structural Physics of Inorganic Materials
- Ceramic Materials for Environmental Harmony
- Ceramics Characterization
- Materials Science for Energy
- Design of Ceramic Materials
- Engineering Ceramics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Electronics & Embedded Technology View 12 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The applicant must have graduated a university or college and is obliged first to contact a prospective adviser and obtain the approval on his/her study in master's degree program.
Submit the following documents:
- Application form with attachment of two photos taken within the past 6 months
- Certificate of citizenship
- Official transcript of academic record
- Official transcript of graduation certificate
- Recommendation letter from the head of the department of applicant’s home institution
- English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Summary of thesis for Master's Course Program
- Copy of passport with the name and photo
International3757 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3757 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3757 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3757 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nagoya
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.