This joint Sustainable and Autonomous Systems at University of Oulu offers students a different kind of perspective into ICT by combining the expertise of two universities in sustainable energy systems and in smart and autonomous systems.
Apply to one university to study in both
As a student of Sustainable and Autonomous Systems you can build a unique study path by combining courses from both University of Oulu and University of Vaasa, and thus take on two Finnish universities strong in the field of engineering at the same time.
Leave your application to one university, study in both. The programme is organised in Oulu and Vaasa and the content is the same in both universities. Students can participate in courses offered mainly online to take advantage of the course selection available for them.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
Graduates can build robotised solutions for various industries such as production, energy, transportation, and logistics.
Possible titles include:
- Project Manager
- Research Scientist
- Product Developer
- R&D Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core skills and competence
The graduates of Sustainable and Autonomous Systems will be able to:
- Apply the advanced knowledge and related technologies of sustainable autonomous systems to conduct research and product development.
- Develop solutions and new knowledge to benefit society and industry while considering sustainable development and engineering ethics.
- Acquire the latest knowledge in one’s own and new fields and use it for product development, research, and specialist tasks.
- Apply the scientific method and follow the state of science in the field of sustainable autonomous systems so that the graduate has sufficient skills for scientific postgraduate studies.
In addition, the graduate has good skills in analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making, lifelong learning, oral and written communication, team-working in international teams, project management, business thinking, and the use of IT.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Robotics Sustainable Energy View 20 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.