Living in intercultural environment of the EU and working within the teams of students with different cultural and educational backgrounds enable unique learning experience. The programme integrates disciplines of Political Science, Economics, Law, and International Relations with their application to central issues of European integration.
What we offer
The learning outcomes of the European Studies programme at University of Ljubljana include the ability to perform in multicultural environment, analysis and evaluation of the complex process of EU integration, and synthesis and evaluation of global social, economic and political conditions that affect the challenges of EU policy-making in domestic and external policies, such as internal market, competition, environment, enlargement to the Western Balkans, neighbourhood policy and diplomatic actorness.
- Research Seminar in European Studies
- Politics of European Integration
- Diplomatic Practice
- Master thesis
- Cross-cultural negotiations
- Third foreign language: French for specific purposes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
2nd application period (only for EU candidates): from 20 August till 11 September (only for programmes with free places after 1st application period).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign citizens who have completed undergraduate study programme abroad may enrol in the first year of the Bologna Master’s study programme if they complete the procedure of recognition of foreign undergraduate education.
- Additional requirements if not from BSc in European Studies and International Relations: Two foreign languages, Basic course on the EU, EU Policies, EU Law, EU in the international economy and External Relations of the EU in formal or informal education
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Ljubljana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.