In the Nanosciences programme at the University of Basel , the interdisciplinary approach is pursued through 2 project work in different disciplines, in addition to the Master's thesis. There are 3 different specializations:
- The Nano Physics focuses on the study of structures in the nanometer scale, as well as the understanding and control of quantum phenomena.
- The nano chemistry is concerned with the production and investigation of self-organizing structures, with surface chemistry, nanostructured materials and the observation of individual macromolecules such as nanocontainers
- The Nanobiology examines the structure of biomolecules and the mechanisms of nanomachines (for example, molecular motors, and Energiekonvertoren).
Fields of activity lie in basic research, high-tech industry, in chemical and pharmaceutical companies, ie everywhere, where nanoscience measuring methods and production methods are used. The majority of graduates work in research groups at home and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Nano Physics
- Nano chemistry
- Molecular Biology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences View 8 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the master’s degree program follows a motion presented by the examination commission of the faculty, in which it recommends to the rectorate to either allow or deny the admission.
- In the event that a bachelor’s degree only partially fulfills the requirements listed in the master’s study regulations, the admission can be issued contingent on the student taking certain classes in the bachelor degree program.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.