Management and Educational Leadership from The University of the West Indies is geared towards assisting educational leaders to develop a sound understanding of educational organisations and prepare them to acquire foundational competencies in a variety of areas in management in order to improve their managerial decision making abilities.
Students at Management and Educational Leadership from The University of the West Indies will:
- demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills in the context of educational organisations
- make sound leadership and management decisions based on the economic, financial, organisational, social and cultural context individually and in teams
- provide solutions for real world problems and challenges facing contemporary leaders in the education sector, individually and in teams, using appropriate current technologies and resources
- interpret management theory through the perspective of prior experience and improve educational practice by systematically applying knowledge and understanding of leadership and management to complex issues (including those that are unique to small island developing states)
- Analytical and Communication skills
- General management
- Educational management and leadership
- Educational leadership
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Educational Leadership View 12 other Masters in Management Studies in Jamaica
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (at least a Lower Second Class or its equivalent) from an approved tertiary institution
- Signed copy of the Application Receipt inclusive of passport size photograph (required for all online applications).
- Proof of Payment of non-refundable Application Processing Fee (i.e. US$15 or its equivalent in local currency)
- Birth Certificate OR Valid Passport OR Valid National Identification Card
- Legal Affidavit or Deed Poll (if present name or date of birth on your supporting documents is different from that on the Birth Certificate)
- All Academic Certificates (e.g. GCE, CXC, High School Diploma etc)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Official transcripts
- Two (2) Referee Reports
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume of your work experience and other related experience that is relevant to your desire to pursue the selected degree programme.
- Brief Statement of Intent
- TOEFL or IELTS Examination Score
International4950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 USD per credit during 24 months.
National4950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.