A degree in Computer Science: Software Engineering at the University of Antwerp corresponds with a competent professional with a scientific background. After obtaining the degree you will be able to
- adopt new technological developments in the respective disciplines within computer science
- exploit these developments where applicable in their professional context
- when required, make original contributions to the further development of the discipline
It is our ambition to offer a unique programme, which is based on recommendations from renowned scientific organisations such as the ACM, IEEE and SIAM. Our programme emphasises deep knowledge and sufficient flexibility and as such our graduates are highly demanded in both industrial as well as academic positions.
- In a corporate organisation you can work as a technology consultant, software designer, system developer, software architect, software analyst, web designer and developer, project leader, industrial researcher, …
- Many computer scientists end up in the Research and Development departments of industrial organisations (both large and small) to address technological challenges of all kinds.
- Your background allows you to deal with fast changing environments; which is a necessary prerequisite for project management positions.
- A scientific career in academia where you think about in depth problems of computer science. Together with other scientists and companies you work inside European or international projects on a variety of disciplines.
The choice is yours
Once you obtained a degree in computer science you are almost certain of various job opportunities and interesting career perspectives. It will be much less a matter whether you will find a job, but more whether you will find a job that matches your interests.
All major challenges in science and technology in the current century are multidisciplinary in nature; i.e. several disciplines must bond together to create inspiring environments. Computer scientists play a pivotal role: they collect and organise the data to ensure that the numerous software systems, networks, algorithms can exchange information seamlessly. For instance at the CERN lab, computer scientists mediate between physicists and engineers. Similarly in the human genome project, computer scientists ensure that doctors and biochemists can exchange the complex information encoded in DNA strings.
The modern economy with its emphasis on global competition and sustainable development poses interesting challenges for computer scientists. New industrial systems, implementation and optimisation of specialised software, networks with higher performance and security, faster computation cycles — these all present opportunities for young computer scientists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Model driven engineering
- Modelling of software-intensive systems
- Software reengineering
- Data mining
- Distributed computing
- Computer and network security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 6 other Masters in Software Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold an academic bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. All bachelor degrees in the field of Science or Applied Science with a strong focus on computer science will be considered.
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 947 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.