Given the objectives of the Public International Law program at Addis Ababa University, it is expected that the graduates will be highly trained specialist lawyers equipped with up-to-date knowledge in international law able to analyze and formulate legal policy, to undertake high-level professional research, legal practice, teaching and consultancy. Graduates are expected to:
- foster the national effort to develop the domestic economy under the free market principle;
- engage with and enhance the dynamism in the public life of Ethiopians which is being progressively intensified following the implementation of decentralized form of government and a new set of constitutional and administrative values;
- ensure that national interests are articulated, developed, asserted and defended effectively and sufficiently as the country enters the global world more forcefully;
- help entrench the efforts to promote, protect, and enforce human rights not only in Ethiopia but also at regional and international levels; and
- undertake high level research, legal practice and conduct teaching and consultancy services at higher education institutions in public international law.
- International Criminal Law
- International Economic Law
- International Environmental Law
- Law of International Organizations
- Settlement of International Disputes
- Law of Treaties
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter from the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the certification of your educational documents.
- Two copies of educational documents.
- A letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia or from your embassy here in Ethiopia showing the reason for being here.
- Application fee: for Undergraduate Program 40USD, for Graduate Program 150USD
- Two passport size photograph
International9920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per credit during 12 months.
National6200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.