Given the objectives of the Human Rights program at Addis Ababa University, it is expected that the graduates will be highly trained specialist lawyers equipped with up-to-date knowledge and skills in human rights law able to analyze and formulate policy, to undertake high-level professional research, legal practice, teaching and consultancy. Graduates are expected to:
- design and implement legislative, administrative and other measures necessary for the realization of human rights; enhance the promotion and protection of human rights at national and international levels; and
- undertake high level research and conduct teaching at higher education institutions and provide consultancy services.
- African Human Rights System
- Human Rights and Development
- International Humanitarian Law
- Rights of Children
- Rights of Minorities and Indigenous Peoples
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 4 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Ethiopia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Addis Ababa University and/or in Ethiopia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Letter from the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the certification of your educational documents.
- Two copies of educational documents.
- A letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia or from your embassy here in Ethiopia showing the reason for being here.
- Application fee: for Undergraduate Program 40USD, for Graduate Program 150USD
- Two passport size photograph
International10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per credit during 12 months.
National6750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.