We offer a master degree in Iranian Studies at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Thematic emphases are placed on the historical, political, and social transformation processes as well as the cultural dynamics of Latin America.
- In so doing, transregional and global processes of integration and interdependence, changing ideologies, and gender-specific questions are given special attention.
- The M.A. „Interdisciplinary Latin American Studies“ is a research-oriented postgraduate course of study which is intended for students with a degree in a relevant discipline.
- It offers the possibility of broadening the studied major on a regionally specific level as well as acquiring and developing interdisciplinary skills.
- The course of study, which lasts four semesters, begins in the winter semester.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for the Master’s programme in Iranian Studies require a first university degree from a German university or a higher education institution outside Germany in History and Cultures of the Middle East (Concentration: Iranian Studies) or a foreign degree equivalent in content and structure to the Bachelor programme in History and Cultures of the Middle East (Concentration: Iranian Studies) of the Freie Universität Berlin.
- One of the following Bachelor degrees can also be accepted: Middle Eastern or Central Asian Studies, Indo-European Studies, Studies in Ancient Civilisations, History, Cultural Studies, Linguistics, Literature, Social Science, Politics, Ethnology or Theology.
Proof of English skills (level C1 CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.