We offer a master degree in Interdisciplinary Studies of the Middle East at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Thematic emphases are placed on the historical, political, and social transformation processes as well as the cultural dynamics of Latin America.
- In so doing, transregional and global processes of integration and interdependence, changing ideologies, and gender-specific questions are given special attention.
- The M.A. „Interdisciplinary Latin American Studies“ is a research-oriented postgraduate course of study which is intended for students with a degree in a relevant discipline.
- It offers the possibility of broadening the studied major on a regionally specific level as well as acquiring and developing interdisciplinary skills.
- The course of study, which lasts four semesters, begins in the winter semester.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Philosophy & Ethics View 4 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must hold a first university degree (e.g. a bachelor’s degree) comprising of at least 180 credit points (ECTS) and you
- EITHER have earned 60 ECTS or more of this first degree in courses that are relevant to interdisciplinary studies of the Middle East in fields such as Arabic Studies, Iranian Studies, Islamic Studies, Jewish Studies, Semitic Studies, or Turkic Studies,
- OR have acquired equivalent qualifications in addition to the first university degree (e.g. education other than a university program, professional experience, knowledge of relevant languages),
- OR pass a qualifying examination (please note that qualifying examinations are offered only in exceptional cases and at the discretion of the admission committee);
2. you must provide proof of proficiency (at least level B1 CEFR or equivalent) in one of the following languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, Syrian-Aramaic, or Turkish;
3. you must provide proof of excellent English language skills (at least level C1 CEFR) if you have not obtained your first university degree in a program where English is the language of instruction.
For an explanation of the admission process please visit the program website or refer to the detailed admission regulations in English and in German (the latter is the legally binding version).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.