Sustainable energy and advanced power systems are paramount for the future of human civilisation.
The Electrical Engineering and Information Technology – Electrical Power Engineering programme
By studying this Electrical Power Engineering program from University of Zagreb, students gain knowledge of fundamentals and applications of electrical power engineering in a wide range of topics: theory of power systems control; optimization methods applied to power systems; energy efficiency methods; reactive power control; electric facilities automation; reliability theory; expert systems; environmental protection; efficient use of energy and energy conservation; economic analysis; disturbances and transient phenomena in power systems; power system protection; transmission and distribution networks network planning; development, stability, availability, reliability and operational safety of electric power system subsystems; mathematical modelling of power plants components and subsystems; deterministic and reliability analysis of operational safety; development modelling and analysis of environmental impact of electric power systems; establishment of open market environment, risk management and electrical energy trading; economy modelling, business and human resources management, microeconomics, marketing, and many more.
Research, innovation and teamwork are crucial in determining the engineering progress and the development of new technologies. The select student will have an opportunity to participate in leading EU funded research projects during their studies.
- Electric Power Systems
- Economics of Power and Energy Systems
- Renewable Energy and Energy Storage
- Energy Policy Analysis and Modelling
- Power System Dynamics and Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Informatics & Information Technology View 5 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Croatia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificate of citizenship/passport photocopy
- Original Certificate of completed an appropriate bachelor or integrated study with a workload equivalent to that of 180 ECTS or higher along with an official translation into English or Croatian (if issued in a different language to these)
- Original Transcript of grades for all years of the previous level of education (bachelor or integrated study) along with official translations into English or Croatian (if issued in a different language to these)
- Proof of knowledge of the English language
- Curriculum Vitae in the English language
- Motivation letter in the English language.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
The annual tuition fee for our master study programmes is 45,000 HRK (approximately 6,000 EUR).
Living costs for Zagreb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.