As the data we generate increases, so does the global demand for analysts who can apply modern statistical methods to make sense of it. The MSc Statistical Science (Distance Learning) at the University of Nottingham ensures you will gain the skills to go from exploring a data set, to modelling and analysing the data, through to presenting your findings in a variety of ways.
You will develop:
- essential statistical knowledge
- analytical skills
- computational expertise
- interpretive and communicative skills
You will study the core statistical concepts of inference and modelling. As you progress, you will cover advanced topics in machine learning, multivariate statistics and time series. These topics will develop your understanding of modern statistical techniques, leading to a dissertation which lets you demonstrate the skills you have gained and develop your ability to study independently. You will be supported by expert lecturers and leading statistical experts and researchers throughout the MSc.
Alongside their statistical knowledge, graduates will leave the course with valuable skills in:
- logical thinking
- data analysis and manipulation
- communicating statistical findings
Graduates go on to a wide range of careers. Some enter roles that have a direct correlation to their degree, including banking, education and finance. Others utilise their transferable skills in sectors such as healthcare, sport and transport.
An MSc in statistics also opens up opportunities in data science.
- Foundations of Statistics
- Frequentist Statistical Inference
- Statistical Modelling of Discrete and Survival Data
- Bayesian Data Analysis: Theory, Applications and Computational Methods
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Multivariate and Time Series Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 28 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
- A high 2:2 in mathematics or a closely related subject with substantial mathematical content.
- Some prior knowledge of statistics would be helpful but not essential to start the course.
International10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.