The postgraduates in the Archaeology programme at University of Glasgow enjoy one of the university’s most supportive, collaborative and friendly communities on campus. Intellectually, it’s a very generous group, with lots of opportunities on offer to MLitt and PhD students to get involved in existing projects or start new ones together, whether in the field or the classroom, or through conferences and publications.The best example of this is our own publication Love Archaeology Magazine, where there are ample chances for authors, researchers, editors, photographers and creative types to get involved.
Programme StructureOur key strengths are:
- Scottish archaeology, particularly in the Mesolithic and Neolithic periods and the Celtic, Pictish and Viking areas
- Mediterranean archaeology, from Spain to Turkey, from Bronze Age mining to postcolonial studies
- historical archaeology, from the classical period to the 20th century
- the use of aerial photographic and satellite imagery for the understanding of landscape history through aerial archaeology
- battlefield and conflict archaeology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Anthropology View 132 other Masters in Anthropology in United Kingdom
- Our regular standard of admission is at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1), although candidates will usually also have completed or be undertaking a Masters qualification.
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.