Why this programme
- There are few courses available which provide such a comprehensive formal training and are tailored to the development of future and current lab managers as the Laboratory Management programme of the University of Glasgow.
- Receive formal training to become part of the future generation of managers in the laboratory environment.
- Learn via a critical, evidence-based approach with the opportunity to specialise in one of three key areas: academic, industrial or clinical laboratory management.
- The programme is tailored to enable students to progress and transition to a managerial role in their place of employment in the UK or internationally, where they can implement their new knowledge and skills.
- Be taught by leading academics in the Adam Smith Business School (ASBS), College of Medicine, Veterinary & Life Sciences (MVLS) and via collaboration with leading experts from industry and NHS staff from clinical laboratory environments.
- The University of Glasgow (UofG) has been named Scottish University of the Year in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
- ASBS has been recognised as one of the top 100 European Business Schools by the Financial Times in its 2021 ranking results - the School is ranked as 68th in its latest ranking and is considered to be amongst the top 30 in the UK.
- ASBS has accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- UofG is ranked 2nd in UK Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide and is a centre of excellence for scientific research.
- Operations Management (Biotechnology)
- Project Management
- Business Finance (Adam Smith Business School)
- Laboratory Health & Safety
- Laboratory Practice, Governance & Ethics
- Contemporary Issues In Human Resource Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for this online programme will be accepted up until it commences.
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Health Sciences View 369 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- A Second-class Honours degree or equivalent (e.g. GPA of 3.0 or above) in a scientific discipline.
International4550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National4550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- UK/EU/International: £9,100 (total cost)
- UK/ EU/International: £4,550 (total cost)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.