Key Facts about the Higher Education course at University of Huddersfield
Whether you’re a newly qualified or experienced member of staff teaching on higher education programmes, this course allows you to work towards being awarded your all-important Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Why Higher Education PgCert?
- HEA Fellowship brings a range of benefits to develop and progress your career. It provides a valuable measure of success and is increasingly sought by employers across the higher education sector as a condition of appointment and promotion. Advance HE (formerly the Higher Education Academy) works with higher education providers and organisations to improve the professional experience of HE teachers through fellowships, accreditation, awards and professional development.
- The Higher Education PgCert provides a flexible development programme in teaching and learning for staff already teaching higher education courses.
- You’ll be encouraged to embrace professional values and attitudes to teaching, learning and assessment and the course provides a framework which enables you to do this. Through this process you’ll be encouraged to reflect upon your own professional experiences and set up your own targets for professional development. This enables you to evidence engagement with the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) and gain Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers and have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supporting and Assessing Students in Higher Education
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Higher Education View 800 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have an Honours degree at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
- If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
- All entrants must be teaching, supporting and assessing with higher education (National Qualifications Framework and the Qualifications and Credit Framework level 4 or above) and have an average of at least six hours teaching (this could include team teaching) per week.
- Applicants who already have Higher Education Academy (HEA) accreditation can enter the PgCert Higher Education award by taking the 20-credit module, the Inspire Conference. This module and route are only available to those who have HEA Fellowship.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National575 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 GBP per module during 12 months.
Tuition for national students:
- £575 per 15 credit module.
- £1,150 per 30 credit module.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.