As a student on the MSc Financial Technology at University College London (UCL), you will learn about new digital business models, how innovation through technology is changing financial services, technology skills in blockchain, and machine learning applications in finance. As you progress through the programme, you will develop quantitative finance skills and apply technology in the domain.
This programme is designed to help you gain a critical awareness of current issues and the development of financial systems and markets. You will also develop strong quantitative finance, financial technology and business and strategy skills related to the financial services industry. Individuals who wish to pursue technology-led finance and banking careers will be strongly equipped through this master’s programme. Universal banks, mutual, pension and hedge funds, investment banks, governments, central banks, advisory bodies and new challenger fintech start-ups and technology companies should be prospective employers for you.
At the end of this programme, you will be able to perform analytical tasks basic to the financial services industry (focussed on quantitative finance), including the analysis and interpretation of data and big data. You will be able to gain a broad understanding of how technology is applied in the financial services domain to business models, practices and quantitative finance. You will be able to use strategic thinking on how emerging technologies are changing the financial services landscape. Finally, you will be able to deploy machine learning tools and design blockchain technology solutions.
- Machine Learning with Applications in Finance
- Blockchain Technologies
- Digital Finance
- Innovation and Strategy in Finance
- Data-driven Modelling of Financial Markets
- Applied Computational Finance
- Operational Risk Measurement for Financial Institutions
- Networks and Systemic Risk
- Financial Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesFinance Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 234 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
- An upper-second class UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or a similarly quantitative subject.
- Programming experience in a language such as Python, C++ or Matlab is an advantage but is not mandatory. Relevant work experience is also taken into account. Some programming experience means that you have experience of working on projects deploying code or have passed modules/ assessments in your previous education with coding components. If you do not have this knowledge, there will be tutorials offered at the beginning of the programme, but you will be expected to get up to speed rapidly.
- A self-assessment test will be available to determine if you will need additional support for coding. A good knowledge of linear algebra, statistics and probability theory will be assumed.
International38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National38000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.