Geothermal Engineering from Institute of Technology Bandung is designed to innovate, share and apply the knowledge and technology of geothermal energy resources to develop excellent human resources in Indonesia and the world.
- Government Institution, including the Department of Energy and Mineral Resources, Energy and Mining Office of Local Governments.
- PT. Pertamina Geothermal Energy, for the expansion the existing geothermal power plant, i.e. Kamojang (West Java), Lahendong (North Sulawesi) and Sibayak (North Sumatra) fields, and second for exploration, exploitation and development of Lumut Balai (South Sumatera), Ulubelu (Lampung), Kotamubagu (North Sulawesi), I-Argopuro (Jawa Timur), Sungai Penuh (Jambi) and Hulu Lais (Bengkulu) fields.
- PT PLN (Persero) and PT Indonesia Power
- Chevron Geothermal Indonesia, for expansion of Darajat (West Java) and Awibengkok Gunung Salak (West Java) fields.
- Magma Nusantara Limited/Star Energy, for exploitation and expansion of Wayang Windu (West Java) fields.
- PT. Geo Dipa Energi for exploitation and expansion of Dieng (Central Java) and Patuha (West Java) fields.
- PT Medco Energy International for exploitation and development of Sarula (North Sumatra) fields.
- PT Bali Energi for exploitation and development Bedugul (Bali) fields.
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Geothermal Reservoir Engineering
- Direct Use of Geothermal Energy
- Leadership Development Program
- Research Methodology
- Geothermal Production Engineering
- Geothermal Engineering Utilization
- Geothermal Management and Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 11 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Indonesia
- To be able to take part in a Geothermal Master’s Program (GPA>2.75), student candidates need to have an equivalent undergraduate education background.
- Official Certificate/Diploma of Bachelor Program
- Complete Official Academic Transcript for Bachelor Program starting from the first to last semester
- Proof of health insurance ownership (not accident insurance)
- Passport photo
- Letter of willingness to join
- Statement of ability to finance
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendations from 2 (two) recommenders
- Pay the Registration Fee
- Student candidates must take Academic Potential Test (TPA) which is managed by BAPENNAS with a passing criterion for TPA ≥ 500
- Student candidates must attend the English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) managed by ITB, with the graduation criteria set as follows: TOEFL ITP ≥ 500 / ELPT ITB ≥ 90 / IELTS > 5.0
- Student candidates pass the selection and interview test held by the Geothermal Master’s Program.
International4478 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2239 EUR per semester during 24 months.
IDR. 35,000,000 per semester
Living costs for Bandung
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.