- The overarching course philosophy, based on an emphasis on research, methodology and design thinking, allows individual and personal concerns to be explored through focused study in sustainable design.
- The course takes an inter-disciplinary approach to the study and practice of sustainable design, by recruiting students from all creative and design backgrounds and beyond.
What will you study?
The Sustainable Design course at Kingston University is directed towards the goal of creating a more sustainable and equitable society. You will explore innovative and practical ways to help realise those visions, emphasising design, creativity, empathy, innovation and activism.
The course encourages critical thinking about the social and ecological agendas it addresses. The course is design-based, but not confined to design practice - it includes a significant amount of theoretical and contextual studies. It is possible to choose a dissertation option for the final major project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Here and There
- Creating Futures
- Design for Social Innovation
- Designing Research
- Sustainable Design Principles, Perspectives and Practices
- Creative Futures
Dr Paul Micklethwaite
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesDesign View 407 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree, or equivalent, in a design or design-related subject, and/or relevant professional experience.
- A portfolio of design / creative work – ideally showing thoughtful work across several fields or disciplines
- Non-designers are also eligible to apply for this course, in which case the portfolio of design / creative work should be replaced by a portfolio of relevant professional practice or project work from other fields.
- A convincing personal statement about why you want to study this course in particular, and what themes or topics most interest you;
- Evidence of additional real-world or professional experience that informs your choice and motivates you.
International17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- MA part time £5,610
- MA part time £9,680
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.