This Transfusion Medicine and Cellular and Tissue Therapies master’s degree has been conceived by the best international experts in this field and is linked to the Chair of Transfusion Medicine and Cellular and Tissue Therapy (CMT3), formed by members of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the Salut i Envelliment Foundation and the Blood and Tissue Bank.
From 2022-23, the Master’s Degree widens in international dimension by offering a joint degree with Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC), specialising in clinical transfusion, a leader in transfused cellular therapies for regenerative medicine in the Netherlands and linked to Sanquin, the Dutch blood and tissue bank.
The collaboration between Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Leiden University, Sanquin and the Blood and Tissue Bank forms one of the most potentially powerful international alliances for the creation and transmission of knowledge in the field of Cellular and Tissue Transfusion Medicine, and with the present Master’s Degree as a spearhead with the greatest impact.
This Master’s Degree enables students to practise professional activities, lead research projects and develop technically qualified projects in the following:
- Transfusion centres
- Hospital donation and transfusion services
- Private sector entities
- Biopharmaceutical companies
- Tissue banks
- Umbilical cord blood banks
- Blood Donation
- Blood Transfusion
- Cell and Tissue Therapy. Tissue Bank
- Master's Degree Dissertation
- Project Management in a Blood and Tissues Bank
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Possession of an official bachelor's degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, or an equivalent subject.
- Possession of an official bachelor’s degree in Nursing must show at least 4 years of experience in Transfusion Medicine Services.
- Accreditation of English level (B2 or equivalent) for students enrolled in the Master's English language group. Accreditation of English level (B1 or equivalent) and of Spanish level (B2 or equivalent) for students enrolled in the Master's in the Spanish language group.
- Should the student not be in possession of an official accreditation, their level will be assessed in an interview carried out by the Master's Coordination Commission
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 180 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 180 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.