The Urban Planning course at Sheffield Hallam University explores the relationship between theoretical and practical knowledge through our dynamic approach to teaching. You’ll develop your skills as an independent, critical and reflective learner through a range of professional learning experiences.
Planners are employed across a range of private consultancies and public sector roles. They contribute to wider policy development, campaign bodies and pressure groups.
A planning qualification can open opportunities in
- strategic planning and policy development
- development implementation and management
- environmental protection
- infrastructure planning
- transport and accessibility planning
- housing planning, development and delivery
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Research Methods
- Comparative International Planning
- Environment & Infrastructure
- Housing Planning And Development
- Major Research Project
- Planning And Growth
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 277 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- Normally you must meet our general entry requirements and have a minimum of a 2:2 degree. For the part-time course, we may consider you without a degree if you have extensive relevant experience, and subject to the approval of the course leader and the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- International qualifications that are equivalent to UK qualifications are acceptable. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.