With the growing demand for healthcare innovation in recent years as well as the projected long-term prominence of healthcare issues in our aging society, biomedical engineers play crucial roles in the expanding healthcare sector. For example, in times of a pandemic, biomedical engineers contribute to all aspects of tackling the disease, including detection, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, monitoring and surveillance.
Biomedical Engineering integrates the principles of engineering disciplines with biomedical sciences to foster new knowledge and create new innovations in technologies and applications to enhance the quality of healthcare. We develop new medical technology and biotechnology through cutting edge research to advance medical care and scientific discovery in biomedical sciences.
Through our discoveries and knowledge creation, we provide an integrated education where we equip future engineers with the ability to analyse and address challenges in healthcare with both engineering and biomedical perspectives. Biomedical Engineering is offered at National University of Singapore
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
To qualify for the degree Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering, candidate must successfully complete a programme of study consisting of at least 40 MCs, which consists of the following:
- Complete the 2 core modules from the Core Modules list (8 MCs)
- Choose 8 elective modules from the Elective Modules list (32 MCs)
- Biomedical Engineering Systems
- Clinical Instrumentation
- Quantitative Physiology Principles in Bioengineering
- Advanced Biomaterials
- Advanced Tissue Biomechanics
- Advanced Tissue Engineering
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Biomedical Quality and Regulatory Systems
- Neurosensors and Signal Processing
- Biosensors and Biochips
- Biodesign process
- Independent Study
- Advanced Human Motion Biomechanics
- Advanced Quantitative Fluorescence Microscopy
- Advanced Electrophysiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 13 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Singapore
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective student should have a Bachelor’s degree with honours or its equivalent from a good University, in an area related to the intended programme of study.
- Candidates with other qualifications and achievements deemed to be suitably prepared for the programme of study may also be considered. Candidates are also expected to be proficient in English as the medium of instruction in NUS is English. GRE scores are not required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate their English proficiency by means of TOEFL / IELTS test scores. Applicants may be waived from this requirement if they completed their degree programme taught entirely in English, situated in an English speaking country, for example (non exhaustive list) Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, United Kingdom, USA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28570 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28570 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National28570 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28570 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
SGD$42,800 (inclusive of GST)
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.