This Photography course at Sheffield Hallam University is based around a creative, practice-based and self-directed approach to learning. This is similar to the independent nature of professional practice, and will prepare you for the real world of photography.
This course prepares you for a career as an employee or freelancer in
- fine art
- fashion and advertising
- press and photojournalism
- general and social portraiture
- scientific and medical
- stills for film and video productions
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Enterprise And Entrepreneurship
- Exhibition / Publication / Curation
- Independent Practice
- Ma Photography: Advanced Production And Printing Methods
- Research Methods And Skills For Media, Arts, Arts Management And Global Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Digital Communication View 372 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- Normally an honours degree at 2:2 (or above) in Photography or a related creative subject, namely in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Graphics, Media Arts or Visual Communication. If you do not have a traditional undergraduate qualification, you may still be considered, especially if you already have relevant work experience in the creative industries.
- Together with your personal statement, you will have to submit evidence of significant creative ability in the form of an identifiable body of work by providing an up-to-date online link to personal photographic outputs. Alternative forms of outputs, e.g. prints, books or objects may be presented directly to the course team on request (on site or via Skype).
International14895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14895 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9620 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.