This part-time Child Development and Family Education (Part Time) programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University focuses on the cultivation of transferrable skills and innovative thinking in order to guarantee our graduates great success in their future career, as well as provide the foundation for the home-school-community education paradigm that is rapidly gaining traction throughout society.
Why study MA Child Development and Family Education at XJTLU?
- Immersion in studies of cutting edge theories and successful case studies, as well as broad and localised knowledge to further the study, understanding, and support of children throughout their development
- Interdisciplinary and diversified curriculum able to meet the market demand for CDFE professionals, covering education, psychology, sociology, demography and cultural research
- Research-led and practice-oriented modules, including credit-bearing internship opportunities for all students
- Six hundred hours of additional supervised learning activities throughout the programme
- An international learning environment with English as the language of instruction, providing learning opportunities with child development and family education experts and scholars
- The opportunity to earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Graduates from this programme will be well prepared to either further their study for an EdD or PhD, or obtain employment in numerous teaching and administrative positions related to child development and family education. Possible employers include K-12 public or international schools; educational and research institutions; social and governmental organisations; children, youth and women activity centres, etc.
- Developmental Psychology
- Family Education: Principles and Theories
- School and Educational Psychology
- Understanding Families in Educational and Community Settings
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Counselling in Child and Family Education: Practice and Skills
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Educational Psychology View 4 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in China
Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Psychology in Education, Education, Teaching, Social Work, Child and Family studies, English or a related subject. Students who demonstrate a basic understanding of undergraduate level psychology or education are preferred.
International7552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
National7552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18880 USD for the full programme during 30 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.