This program reveals the models of language theory, Big Data analysis, theory and practice of machine translation, algorithms for automatic text improvement.
The Digital Linguistics students from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) experiment with the phenomenon of speech, voice recognition, automated text analysis, develop digital language guides and other pioneering technologies.
Key competencies and skills
- analysis of modern achievements of science and advanced technologies in research work;
- strategy to apply new information technologies in humanities with the means of intellectual data analysis and machine learning, computational linguistics and knowledge representation;
- research activities in logical and algorithmic intelligent systems;
- presentation of research results in report forms, abstracts, publications and public discussions;
- development of human-machine and machine-to-machine interaction system, algorithms and methods for machine translation;
- analysis in speech recognition and extraction of named entities;
- creation of question-answer systems;
- development of systems to facilitate communication for people with disabilities.
Career opportunities:Digital linguists are in extreme demand at the moment. The program offers a unique opportunity to start your career in global IT companies specializing in the text search and analysis, in the startups developing new linguistic technologies. You will work in companies (businesses) and institutions dealing with applied linguistic problems and their modern solutions and in various companies operating with large amounts of unstructured text data.
- Digital resources in scientific research
- English for Academic purposes
- History and methodology of science
- Project management in the field of software development
- Machine languages
- Big data in Humanities
- Formal models in linguistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- August 01 – for applicants from countries with visa regime
- August 20 – for applicants from visa-free countries
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Linguistics View 26 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s (Specialist) Degree Diploma in any field
- English language proficiency B+ level
- Examination in the field of Linguistics and IT
- Interview with the program coordinator
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
334 600 Rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.