Nurses translate evidence-based knowledge to improve healthcare delivery while maintaining and emphasising the ethics of person-centred care.
The modules on this Pre-Registration Nursing or Registered Nurse - Adult Nursing program from University of Cumbria have been designed with this in mind and aim to stimulate innovation, improve quality, manage risk, and identify areas for productive change.
Why Choose to study MSc Nursing at the University of Cumbria
- 100% of Adult Nursing students in work or further study within 15 months
- Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register to practice as a qualified Adult nurse upon successful completion of all aspects of the course.
- Options to undertake your placements in the Carlisle or Lancaster area.
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects.
- Accommodation options.
- Concepts, Theories and Practice in Professional Nursing
- Pathophysiology and Nursing Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Public Health and Nursing in Communities
- Year 1 Practice Assessment Module (900 hours in practice settings)
- The Evidence Base for Adult Nursing Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 963 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, achieved in one sitting which must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2:2 in a health, social care or social sciences degree. Applicants must have a minimum of 500 hours of care experience ( in a statutory, voluntary/independent or charitable health, care or social care setting) Applicants who interview successfully must complete a Portfolio of Evidence prior to commencing the course.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Automatic tuition fee discount applied for all EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, currently resident in Europe, who will be commencing their studies in 2022/23. The scholarship will reduce the level of tuition fees that are payable from the Overseas tuition rate to the Home / UK tuition fee . If the course is of more than one year's duration the scholarship will be applied each year for the duration of the degree programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.