A Paralegal provides legal services to clients within the permitted scope of practice.
This includes representing clients in provincial offences court, which includes highway traffic offences, municipal by-law matters, liquor license cases, occupational health and safety issues, as well as civil litigation matters in small claims court. Paralegals may also appear in the Ontario Court of Justice representing clients charged with less serious criminal offences.
Paralegals may represent clients in a broad range of tribunals such as the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, Human Rights Commission, and Landlord and Tenant Board, to name a few. The Paralegal - Accelerated program is offered at St. Clair College.
Career OpportunitiesCareer opportunities include self-employment, law firms, legal departments of corporations, administrative tribunals and government agencies.
- Legal Communication and Paralegal Practice Management
- The Legal System
- Administrative Law
- Legal Research & Writing
- Criminal Procedures
- Landlord & Tenant
- Legal Computer Applications
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning & Persuasive Arguments
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law Legal Studies View 21 other Masters in Public Law in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a College Diploma or substantial completion of a University Degree.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
International15410 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15410 CAD per year during 15 months.
National4052 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4052 CAD per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Windsor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.