About this degree
Students develop an understanding of how science, engineering and a variety of professional disciplines can contribute to tackling organised crime and terrorism. By the end of the programme, they will be able to apply appropriate scientific principles and methods to security problems, think strategically to develop and implement countermeasures, and appreciate the complexity involved in the design and implementation of organised crime and terrorism threat-reduction technologies.
This unique linking of organised crime and terrorism, and the study of methodologies that can practically tackle both of these areas, means that this MSc holds appeal for employers across a broad range of industries.
This Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism programme from the University College London equips students with the knowledge to develop operational strategies to counter organised crime and terrorism. This unique linking of organised crime and terrorism, and the study of methodologies that can practically tackle both of these areas, means that this MSc holds appeal for employers across a broad range of industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives on Organised Crime
- Perspectives on Terrorism
- Foundations of Security and Crime Science
- Designing and Doing Research
- Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative Methods
- Crime Mapping and Spatial Analysis
- Investigation and Detection
- Intelligence Gathering and Analysis
- Risk and Contingency Planning
- Prevention and Disruption
- Horizon Scanning
- Terrorism (UCL Political Science, not available for distance learning students)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminology IT Security Terrorism & Security View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally, a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant disciplines include science subjects (e.g. engineering or computer science) or social science subjects (e.g. psychology, criminology or geography).
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.