Forensic science is a dynamic discipline that is crucial to the investigation of crime, the collection of evidence and intelligence, and in securing justice.
About this degree
Students will develop an understanding of the fundamental principles of crime and forensic science, together with the key conceptual and philosophical frameworks in this field. They will gain practical skills in crime scene investigation, experimental design and implementation, statistical analysis, data analysis and modelling, and will be able to evaluate the weight and applicability of forensic evidence for investigative and court purposes.
Graduates of this Crime and Forensic Science programme offered at the University College London will gain the skills necessary for a career in crime investigation, forensic science provision, consultancy, policy-making, and with public sector employers such as police forces, Home Office, and Ministry of Defence. They will also have gained the research tools necessary for a PhD or further doctoral research.
- Quantitative Methods
- Designing and Doing Research
- Understanding and Interpreting Forensic Evidence
- Foundations of Security and Crime Science
- Law and Expert Evidence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesForensic Science Criminology View 117 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant disciplines will generally include science subjects, for example chemistry, biology, physics, engineering or computer science; psychology, archaeology or geography.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Good
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.