The Medical Engineering and Physics MSc at King's College London is ideal if you are a graduate of the physical and engineering sciences who wants to gain a broad view of the field and to specialise in medical physics/engineering
- Award-winning students and programme (more than 10 awards).
- High-quality teaching using traditional and modern methods.
- Delivered by more than 30 core lecturers. All of them are full members and fellows of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM) and many are leading national and international specialists.
The majority of our students are employed during the first year of graduation. More than 70 per cent continue to work in healthcare and some are already established as leading specialists. The majority have been employed in the NHS; some have also been employed in leading academic institutions and industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Healthcare Science and Research Methods
- Introduction to Medical Physics
- Introduction to Clinical Engineering
- Radiation Physics for Imaging and Radiotherapy
- Biomechanical and Clinical Measurements
- Radiotherapy Physics
- Medical Imaging with Ionising Radiation
- Medical Imaging with Non-Ionising Radiation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics View 150 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a physical or engineering science or equivalent.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume).
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK fees: £6,375 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,275 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.