The Catholic School Leadership programme of studies at the University of Malta is intended to give a fresh and dynamic contribution to these institutions by fostering research and good practices in managerial and leadership skills. Moreover, this course will give due importance to reflective practice in Catholic leadership.
The programme of studies is a part-time taught MA spread over 6 semesters, with lectures held in the evening. The first four semesters consist of lectures for compulsory study-units which are assessed at the end of the semester. The final two semesters are dedicated exclusively to research and the writing of a dissertation.
The contents of the course are specifically aimed at preparing individuals who are aspiring to become leaders in Catholic Schools or other faith formation institutes. However, this does not preclude those who are people those who are already occupying a leadership role in Catholic Schools or faith formation institutes and wish to nourish and sustain their leadership roles from a Catholic point of view.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in Educational Management and Leadership
- Applied Educational Research Methods
- Professional Development Models
- Critical Issues for School Leaders
- Effective Leadership in Schools
- Catholic Understanding of Humanity for Contemporary Culture
- Leadership in the Church
- Psychology of Leadership
- Nurturing Professional Learning Communities in Maltese Schools
- Contemporary Catholic Institutions: Implications for Leadership
- Developing Emotional and Relational Competence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Christian Studies View 21 other Masters in Management Studies in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a degree in education with at least Second Class Honours from this University or a degree from another university recognised as equivalent for the purpose, together with a minimum of five years’ teaching experience or
- any other degree with at least Second Class Honours together with a recognised teaching or education qualification and a minimum of five years’ teaching experience or
- a degree in education or a Teacher's Certificate, together with at least five years’ teaching experience and other suitable qualifications obtained following the degree or after the Teacher's Certificate or
- any first cycle degree with either the Postgraduate Certificate in Education or a recognised teaching qualification, together with five years’ experience in an education setting or
- a qualification deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA1600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4800 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- Fee per semester: Eur 800
- Yr 1: Eur 5,400 / Yr 2: Eur 5,400 / Yr 3: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.