The International Relations programme offered at Saint-Petersburg State University targets international students with an ambition to become experts in world politics, and to work as diplomats, members of international organisations, and national government agencies.
Graduates gain professional competencies relative to the knowledge and abilities connected to a future profession in the field of international relations.
They will be able to:
- apply knowledge in the field of science for making decisions in their future profession and further education;
- learn new methods of research and change their professional activities;
- acquire new knowledge and skills;
- be adapted to their new professional environment in the framework of life-long learning concepts;
- be engaged in both research and expert projects relative to foreign politics, all the challenges in world politics, and the questions referred to Russia;
- and generate independent and new scholarly knowledge and make advice and reports for governments, international organisations, NGOs, the entities of civic society, and transnational companies.
- Digitalisation of International Relations
- Theories of International Relations
- Russia and the Asia-Pacific Region
- Russia–United States Relations
- Russia-European Union Relations
- Analytical Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Government-funded basis: 21 May
- Fee-paying (contractual) basis: 25 June
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 25 other Masters in International Relations in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An application form for an educational programme. The application is filled in and uploaded to the Personal Account
- An original Credential (document of education) and its supplements with grades/marks. The educational documents should be properly prepared to be submitted in the Russian Federation.
- A copy of an identity document. Please note that your passport should have validity of minimum 18 months at the time your studies at SPbU begin.
- Admissions tests for main programmes are in form of competitive selection of documents (Portfolio) except entry exams for Specialist degree program General medicine and Stomatology.
International5093 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5093 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4507 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4507 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus: 375,900 rubles
- For international students including stateless persons: 424,800 rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.