The principal aim of the Russia and China in International Finance and Trade programme offered at Saint-Petersburg State University is to train specialists who have: the requisite knowledge in the field of financial markets and trade policy, including in relation to Russia and China; and a good command of Chinese. They will be ready to work in: the corporate sector; government agencies; international organisations; the academic field; research centres associated with practical activities in the field of finance and international business in Russia and China; and with development, implementation and research in trade policy trends of the two countries.
Prospects for a future career in research and business
The International conference ‘Evolution of International Trading System: Prospects and Challenges’, guest lectures and workshops are regularly organised within the framework of the programme. Students have an opportunity to take part in international student mobility programmes, as well as to do internships in companies in Russia and China.
Master’s students of this programme have an opportunity to do internships in Russian and international companies and organisations, government agencies and departments, including: Gazpromneft Export; Sberbank of Russia; Huawei; the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation; the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation; the Eurasian Economic Commission; the Committee for External Relations of St Petersburg; the Finance Committee of St Petersburg; the Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the United Nations; and other international organisations in Geneva.
- Public Finance: Theory and Practice in Russia and China
- Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice in Russia and China
- Banking Systems and Monetary Control in Russia and China
- Russia and China in International Settlements and Monetary Relations
- Current Issues in the Economies of Russia and China
- Russia and China in the International Trading System
- Russia and China in the International Capital Movement and Regional Integration Projects
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Signed application for admission to an educational programme of the appropriate level in the format established by the Admissions Committee
- Consent of the Applicant to Personal Data Processing, Transmission and Storage
- Educational credential and supplements prepared according to the rules
- A copy of your identity document. Please note that the applicant’s passport should be valid for at least 18 months after the beginning of the planned study period. If you need to get a Russian visa please fill in an application form for visa invitation and submit it to Personal Account.
- Photo 3х4 cm
- Competitive selections of documents (Portfolio)
International7211 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7211 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus: 310,200 rubles
- For international students including stateless persons: 440,900 rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.