The master's degree in Biomedical Engineering from Marche Polytechnic University starts from the basic knowledge acquired by students during the 3-year bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering and deepens and integrates such knowledge with advanced and specialized knowledge in both traditional and innovative biomedical sectors. The goal is to form a multivariate professional figure able to act properly in companies, in clinical/healthcare facilities and in research contexts.
What you'll study
To provide a courses as close as possible to the market demand, the master's degree in Biomedical Engineering offers the student the opportunity to choose between two curricula, the eHealth and Clinical Engineering curriculum, which deals with issues concerning the digital approach to medicine and health as well as themes typical of clinical engineering; and the Engineering of Medical Devices curriculum, which deals with issues concerning the industrial production of medical devices.
The professional fields of graduates in Biomedical Engineering are extremely varied and rapidly changing. It is foreseeable that they address to interlocutors of various kinds (in health, industry, services, etc.) who will have to analyze, quantify, monitor, optimize the impact of technologies on biological phenomena and on humans. The professional figure that derives from the Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering can find employment opportunities in the following industrial/health sectors:
- in public and private health facilities, in biomedical engineering services (or clinical engineering/biomedical technologies), in the world of motor rehabilitation, sport, physical exercise and entertainment/fitness;
- computer applications relating to the processing of biomedical and bioimaging data, genomics and health telematics applications;
- the production and marketing industries of: special materials, prostheses/orthoses, implantable and portable devices, robotic systems for the biomedical sector, and equipment for prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and monitoring;
- the pharmaceutical and food industry regarding the quantification of the interaction between drugs/substances and biological parameters;
- the manufacturing industry in general as regards the ergonomics of products/processes and the impact of technologies on human health.
Beside the conventional modality of teaching, which consists in frontal lecturing, the master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering will also implement telematic teaching through e-learning platforms (Moodle - Learning Management System).Starting from 2019-2020, the master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering also provides a double degree agreement with the Catholic University of America of Washington.
- Bioimaging and Brain Research
- Bio-Fluid Dynamics
- Applied Measurement Techniques
- Models and Control of Biological Systems
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Clinical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 12 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- three-year degree in accordance with DM 509/99 belonging to class IX - Class of degrees in information engineering
- three-year degree in accordance with Ministerial Decree 509/99 belonging to class X - Class of degrees in industrial engineering
- three-year degree pursuant to DM 509/99 belonging to class XXV - Class of degrees in Physical Sciences and Technologies
- three-year degree pursuant to DM 270/04 belonging to class L-8 - Information engineering
- three-year degree pursuant to DM 270 / 04 belonging to class L-9 - Industrial engineering
- three-year degree pursuant to Ministerial Decree 270/04 belonging to class L-30 - Physical Sciences and Technologies
- have acquired at least 54 ECTS from the following scientific-disciplinary sectors
- HUMAN ANATOMY
- CONSTRUCTION SCIENCE
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL PHYSICS
- MECHANICAL AND THERMAL MEASUREMENTS
- MECHANICS APPLIED TO MACHINES
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF MATERIALS
- INDUSTRIAL BIOENGINEERING
- ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS
- ELECTRONIC AND COMPUTER BIOENGINEERING
- knowledge of English at a level comparable to B2
International24000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA13001 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13001 EUR per year during 24 months.
International students who are not resident in Italy, or international students who are resident in Italy but are not financially independent, need to apply for ISEE parificato
Living costs for Ancona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.