Many outstanding mathematical research have been conducted at the department of Mathematics at Hokkaido University since its foundation in 1930. Cutting-edge research results have been produced continually including Kiyoshi Oka, who did fundamental work in the theory of several complex variables, Zenjiro Kuramochi, who is famous for the theory of Kuramochi boundary, and Noboru Tanaka, who is famous for the theory of Tanaka-connection in CR geometry.
Research areas include:
- The Department of Mathematics, Hokkaido University covers a wide range of research areas — from theory-driven approaches that mainly seek to achieve theoretical sophistication, such as Number Theory, to more empirically-oriented approaches that employ computers for calculations of various phenomena.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 10 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduated or are expected to graduate from a university prior to admission;
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than Japan and have no permanent residence permit in Japan
- Entrance examination fee of 30,000 yen
- Application Form and Resume
- Application Form for PreAssessment
- One photograph (for Resume)
- Official transcript issued by the last university or similar institution
- Certificate for Japanese or English proficiency
- Official certificate of graduation (or expected graduation)
- Passport copy
- Documents specified by each department
- Documents requested by a prospective supervisor
International4712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4712 USD per year during 24 months.
National4712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4712 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sapporo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.