The aims and objectives of this Sports Performance programme at University of Limerick, which includes a professional strength & conditioning (accredited) qualification, reflect our commitment to the development of insightful, competent, critical and reflective sports performance practitioners who have the following dispositions, skills, and content knowledge:
- Display originality and insight in the field of strength and conditioning for team and individual sports.
- Demonstrate the skills of utilising video notational analysis to provide feedback to individuals participating in strength sports and/or in a strength training environment.
- Understand nutritional planning for elite sports performance.
- Understand psychological principles underlying elite sports performance and demonstrate the application of psychological skills training to optimise sports performance
- Construct a variety of integrated training practices combining sport-specific skills and related conditioning challenges to optimise player development and progression.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of current research within the area of speed sports.
- Organise and perform lab and field-based skills related to research on selected human movement activity and defend the results.
- Graduates will develop a sound understanding of the physiology, psychology and biomechanics background behind sports performance for speed, endurance, team and strength sports.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Speed Sports
- Endurance Sports
- Team Sports
- Strength Sports
- Professional Competencies (Problem-Based Learning)
- Research Dissertation Development,
- Strength & Conditioning (professional accreditation)
- Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 17 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Ireland
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification(s) if English is not your first language
- Certified English translation of your transcripts/certificates where the original transcripts are in a language other than English
- A CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Scanned copy of any laboratory, sports/coaching related certification or workshop attendance
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
International12351 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12351 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6411 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6411 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
PT: EU-EEA 4,305 eur; Non EU-EEA: 8,518 eur
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.