With this Master of Public Health at University of Southern Queensland you will make an impact in local and global communities to address social, cultural, economic, and environmental health issues.
About this Program
- Develop your analytical, research, and communication skills and undertake public health practice in the community.
- The industry placements provide a rich learning experience that will see you ideally positioned to grasp employment opportunities with your own emerging networks of colleagues.
- Explore epidemiology, social and behavioural determinants of health, health systems, environmental and physical determinants of health, as well as health promotion.
- As a public health specialist, you'll have the unique opportunity to be involved in campaigns that save lives. Graduates gain the necessary skills to address complex health issues and can help shape the future of healthcare in Australia and globally.
- Employment in public health can come from a wide range of sectors, including government (federal, state and local), non-government health agencies, not-for-profit health agencies, and corporate firms.
- Most roles at the graduate-level are project-based and include titles, such as Public Health Officer, Project Manager, Health Promotion Officer, Health & Well-Being Coordinator, or Health Advocate.
- Early Years Health and Active Play
- Clinical Leadership in Contemporary Health Care Practice
- Management in Health Care Practice
- Nutrition and Health
- Climate, Human and Environmental Health and Disaster Management
- Contexts of Mental Health Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 198 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS: QLD 00244B, NSW 02225M
- Completed a 3-year or 4-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, in the area of health with a 4.8 GPA or higher
- completed a 3-year or 4-year bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a different discipline with a 4.8 GPA or higher, and completed 1 year of full-time work experience in a healthcare setting
- completed USQ's Graduate Certificate of Public Health or Graduate Diploma of Public Health with a 4.8 GPA or higher.
International30320 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30320 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24560 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth supported: AUD 8021
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.