About Health Informatics at University of Limerick
Health informatics is a multi-disciplinary, multi-dimensional field. This field focuses on the creation, modelling, management and sharing of health data and knowledge to support data analysis and timely decision making in medicine and health care together with the information science and technology to support these tasks. It is not solely a technical discipline but focuses on the relationship between the technology and its use in real-world settings i.e. solutions are designed in context, taking into account the social, cultural and organisational settings in which computing and information technology will be used in health care sectors.
The M.Sc. in Health Informatics from the from the University of Limerick aims to equip graduates with the skills, knowledge and abilities to:
- Evaluate the opportunities and limitations of health care technology and of its impact in improving the efficiency,
- cost- effectiveness, safety and quality of health care delivery.
- Express user requirements for health care information systems.
- Integrate computing and managerial knowledge and experience with health-related knowledge and experience.
- Ensure compliance with the standards and regulations governing systems in this domain.
- Formulate, evaluate and apply evidence-based solutions in the delivery of health care.
- Health Informatics Applications
- Electronic Health Record Management
- Research Methods in Health Informatics
- Medical Decision Support Systems
- Requirements Engineering for Health Informatics
- Health Informatics Project Management
- Strategic Issues in Health Informatics
- E-Health Systems
- ICT for Evidence-Based Health Care
- Research project
- Health Informatics Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 7 other Masters in Health Informatics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- English language qualification if English is not your first language
- Certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
International18100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18100 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.