All over the world the growth of an Industrial society in a Nation is measured by its use of Scientific Instruments. This is because the R&D achievements in research organizations and Industries depend on the availability of advanced instruments. Further the instruments can be utilized to its full capacity only if well trained manpower is available for design, development, its use and timely repair and maintenance.
This is possible when the gap between Pure Sciences and Engineering; that is in effect the gap between Academic Society and Industrial Sector is bridged. This is a well-established fact today.
It is this requirement that has led to the emergence of Instrumentation Science – a new discipline of not only Science but technology as well and has become frontline area today. The discipline of Instrumentation Science necessarily needs the understanding of latest trends and achievements in the field of Physical, Chemical and Biological Sciences. The main objective of Instrumentation Science is to logically translate the proven research ideas into a reliable and effective but simple, elegant and handy instruments and gadgets. This will facilitate not only development of high tech products in diverse fields but also the teaching of advanced techniques in the frontline research.
To fulfill these goals, Savitribai Phule Pune University instituted the Department of Instrumentation Science and introduced the M.Sc. Instrumentation Science course. This is an industry / R & D oriented professional course. It incorporates about 2 month’s practical training in an industry / R & D organization and a project therein of four months. This gives exposure to the student to day-to-day life environment.
- Integrated Circuits for Instrumentations
- Power Electronics
- Mathematical Methods for Instrumentations
- Analog and Digital Electronic Laboratory
- Programming Laboratory
- Sensors, Transducers and Signal Conditioning
- Microcontroller and Embedded Systems
- Test and Measuring Instrument
- Application Software Practices Laboratory
- Optical Instrumentation and Photonics
- Industrial Automation
- Analytical Instrumentation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree / marksheets - originals with photocopies
- Passport (first and last page copy)
- Visa copy
- Updated R.P. copy
- All documents need to be translated into English
- It is mandatory that the mark sheet is attested by the Ministry of Education or the Indian Embassy in your country or your Country Mission, i.e. your Embassy or Consulate in India.
- If the marksheet is from a Foreign University, an Association of Indian Universities (AIU) Equivalence Certificate is mandatory.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 USD per year during 24 months.
National195 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 USD per year during 24 months.
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.