In the first year of M. Sc. Biotechnology course at Savitribai Phule Pune University, the emphasis is on tutorials and practical. In the second year, research projects form 25% of the practical course. A strong student-teacher interaction is encouraged.
- After completion of first year, the students are encouraged for summer training for a period of two months (during the vacation) at various universities/National research institutes of repute, with the hope that they can interact with recognised scientists in the fields of their interest.
- Further, the Department arranges lectures by scientists from India and abroad in many areas of Biotechnology.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Plant and Animal Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Bioprocess Engineering and Technology
- Emerging Technologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Two copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (10+2) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended or a Gazetted Officer;
- A character Certificate from the head of the Institution last attended;
- Two attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School, Bachelor’s Degree/Master Degree Examination etc; or their equivalent examination;
- Two attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and/Master’s Degree;
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category;
- A medical Certificate for PH Candidates certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical authority;
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended.
International374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 374 USD per year during 24 months.
National374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 374 USD per year during 24 months.
- 30550 Indian Rupees
- Entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.