- Forensic science is the diverse collection of scientific techniques. In practice, forensic science is built upon the principles dragged from physics, chemistry, biology, anthropology and other scientific principles and methods. In earlier times real .forensic science. has been assigned to the real science of fingerprints, firearms, tool-marks and questioned documents etc. However, although many of the techniques used in modern forensic science have been borrowed from other sciences, it is also true that in recent years, it had matured into a scientific discipline in its own right. The Forensic Science and Criminology programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- Criminology is the development of a body of general and verified principles and of other types of knowledge regarding the process of law, crime and reaction to crime. Criminology is aimed principally at elucidating the connection between crime and the personal characteristics of the offender or his environment, with special reference to the origin of the offence.
- The subject is designed to introduce the concepts, disciplines and principles of the forensic sciences in their application to modern forensics. Topics include the history of forensic science, an overview of the commonly utilized scientific disciplines (e.g. forensic biology, odontology, anthropology, toxicology, chemistry, psychology, document examination, ballistics, computer forensic, Voice, image & video analysis and crime scene management etc.), the use and implications of forensic databases, ethical issues and legislation, the skills involved in scientific analysis (observation, interpretation, record keeping, report writing, expert testimony), accreditation procedures and quality assurance.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc/B.Sc Honors degree or any other graduation degree with 3/4/5 year duration with minimum 50% marks in the faculty of Science/Engineering/ Medical / Dental and Pharmaceutical Science of Panjab University or any other recognized University.
- * In case of non-availability of in-service candidate the seat will be converted into general category
- * 5% concession is admissible in the eligibility requirement to SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates
International1084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 542 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1084 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 542 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Rs 40 280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.