The courses in this Health Sciences programme at Savitribai Phule Pune University are highly interdisciplinary and involve a population based approach to studying health and disease. Epidemiology and biostatistics courses are intensive and involve computer based training with primary data collected from urban and rural community settings, public sector health facilities, and hospitals.
Students of Health Sciences have compulsory training in laboratory methods in health sciences which include basic to advanced techniques from the fields of biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, genetics and molecular biology .
Students in this programme have the training to work as infectious disease epidemiologists, molecular epidemiologists as well as in pharmaceutical research institutions conducting clinical trials. The MSc Health Sciences programme has a strong bio-medical focus.
- Human Physiology
- Infectious Disease Control
- Immunology in Health and Disease
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Human Genetics
- Bioethics, Biosafety and Regulations
- Disability and Public Health
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. any subject including life sciences, nursing, Degree in any branch of Medicine or Pharmacy from any statutory University or recognized as equivalent there to by the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International80 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per year during 24 months.
National80 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per year during 24 months.
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.