The School of Public Health and Health Sciences at Savitribai Phule Pune University provides equal emphasis on theoretical and practical training during the post-graduate training programme. The School has a field practice area encompassing the villages under the Khadkala primary health centre. Other practical training opportunities include a fully fledged laboratory where students can train in biochemistry, microbiology and molecular biology.
The School also has a nutrition laboratory for providing training in nutritional methods, and intensive practical training in biostatistics and data management computer laboratory for computer based training work. A compulsory public health internship programme and a year long dissertation provide additional practical training.
Students with the MPH Public Health degree are equipped with knowledge and skills to function as public health practitioners working with communities, as public health administrators in government, in NGOs and developmental organizations or as faculty in public health teaching institutions.
- Biostatistics in Health Sciences
- Population and Health
- Infectious Diseases and National Disease Control Programmes
- Public Health Nutrition
- Management of Health Systems
- Urban Health
- Disability and Public Health
- Global Health Case Studies
- Bioethics, Biosafety and Regulations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is open to students with an undergraduate degree in biological, clinical and social sciences including B.Sc. (life sciences, nursing, pharmacology, nutrition), B.A. (Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology) LL.B, Degree in any branch of Medicine or Pharmacy from any statutory University or recognized as equivalent there to by the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 272 USD per year during 24 months.
National272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 272 USD per year during 24 months.
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.