- The Physics - Electronics programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- Since 1988, it has been accorded the status of a Centre of Advanced Study (CAS) by UGC with three major thrust areas: Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and Solid-State Physics - a unique achievement. At present the Department has the strength of 21 faculty members, 2 UGC Faculty, 36 Assisting staff and 2 daily wage staff, apart from Post-doctoral fellows under various funding schemes as well as project scientists/investigators. There are about 108 research students and 437 B.Sc. (Hons. School) Physics, M.Sc. (Hons. School) Physics, B.Sc. (Hons. School) Physics (Specialization in Electronics) and M.Sc. (Hons. School) (Specialization in Electronics) students on the rolls of the Department. About 150 B.Sc. (Hons. School) students of other departments study Physics subjects as Generic Elective Courses.
- There are number of research projects, some of them worth crore rupees, under national/international collaborations are operating in the department.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Electronics & Embedded Technology Natural Sciences View 18 other Masters in Natural Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. (Pass-course) or B.Sc. (Honours) Physics examination of Panjab University, with Physics and Mathematics as elective subjects with 50% marks, or, any other university examination recognized as equivalent thereto with 50% marks, or, B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics under CBCS with 50% marks, or, B.Sc. (Honours) in any subject under CBCS with 24 credits in Physics as GE subject and Mathematics as Major/GE subject with 50% marks, or, B.Sc. (Honours) Electronics, or, B.Tech/B.E. (Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical or equivalent) with 50% marks.
- Based on PU-CET (PG)
- Academics: 40% PU-CET(PG): 60%
- In addition, all the students after passing B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics (Specialization in Electronics) of Panjab University campus will continue for respective M.Sc. Physics (Specialization in Electronics) under the framework of Honours School System.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.