- Currently, it is running in the CIL building of Panjab University, Chandigarh. It is being shifted to the new Hospital Building in Sector-25, South Campus - Panjab University, Chandigarh. The course is targeted to attract students who would like to pursue career of working at the interface of Academia and Biotechnology Industry. The curriculum has been designed with the aim of preparing students for taking up translational research, developing entrepreneurial skills to ultimately groom them into an industry ready human resource.
- The Microbial Biotechnology department has developed active Industry-Academia interaction with the ultimate aim of taking forth the biotechnological innovations from lab to Industry. The course has 20 seats. The course has received overwhelming response from the students since its inception as can be gauged by the continued full strength and the filling of seats in the first counselling for admission.
- Currently department has four regular and one INSPIRE faculty member. The skill sets and expertise available are diverse and complimentary. It includes experience in cutting edge translational research in various thrust areas of Biotechnology such as Antimicrobials, Probiotics, Microbial Enzymes/ Biocatalysis, Fermentation Technology, Scale-up of Bioprocesses, Microbial Biofilms, Bacterial-Fungal Interactions, Vaccine Development, Cancer Biology, etc. Besides having a number of national and international patents, the faculty members have more than 150 publications to their credit, in reputed international journals with cumulative citations of more than 4500.
- The department also invites faculty members from other departments of Panjab University as well as other institutions in and around Chandigarh from time to time to enhance and enrich the learning experience of students. Furthermore, department strives to organize at least one National or International conference every year to provide exposure to students of the world around them ensuring their readiness to the occasion.
- Microbial Biotechnology department envisions to bring about the actual definition of the subject through its teaching program with an emphasis on training the curious, inquisitive, determined, bearers of tomorrow to take the right step in the right direction at the right moment and contribute to the overall growth of a truly interdisciplinary approach to cater to the need of Biotechnology Industry in the Country.
- Microbial genomics and microbial biotechnology research is key to take the giant strides needed to attain food safety and security, environmental upkeep and keeping 'the Gaia' healthy for human survival and sustenance besides paving the way for small-giant strides that would lay the foundation of a better tomorrow in the form of making available improved biotechnology products, processes and a greener technology (e.g., value-added products, human nutrition and functional foods, plant and animal, waste removal, biogeochemical engineering).
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelors degree in any field of biological sciences including Biotechnology
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied.
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 986 USD per year during 24 months.
National986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 986 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 73163
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.