- The Mathematics and Computing programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- It has been recognized as Centre of Advanced Studies in Mathematics since 1963 by the UGC. The Department participated in COSIP program during 1970-1983 and subsequently in COSIST program from 1984-1989. The Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, had sponsored the Department for the FIST (Level-II) Program. The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) has granted the status of Regional Library to the Library of the Department and supports the Consortium for the online access of Math Sci Net, for which the Department is the leading partner. The NBHM has been providing huge funds every year for books and journals.
- The Department is a source centre for Regional as well as National Mathematical Olympiad participants for the North-West Region. The Department is also zonal centre for the award of NBHM, M.A./M.Sc. and Ph.D scholarships awarded by the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. The Department is facilitated with two well-equipped computing labs and fully equipped Seminar Room with all the latest infrastructural facilities of a smart class room. At present, the Department has 16 regular faculty members and 2 UGC Assistant Professors plus 25 research scholars in addition to 4 Emeritus Professors in this department.
- Several Faculty Members of the Department are members of various National Boards and Committees, Editorial boards of Journals and the Board of Studies and other academic bodies of other Universities in addition to those of Panjab University. Most of the faculty members actively collaborate with international community and have regularly visited several Universities in Canada, USA and Europe. They regularly participate in national and international conferences.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 25 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied.
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 153 USD per year during 24 months.
National153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 153 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 11359
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.