- It has on its faculty highly competent and efficient members whose work is internationally recognized. Several faculty members are recipients of awards and honours, such as Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Raman and Palit awards.
- Many faculty members are bestowed with F.N.A., F.A.Sc., F.N.A.Sc.. Young Scientist award as well as Visiting Professorship from India and abroad. The department has been selected by the UGC first for COSIST, and then for Special Assistant Programme (SAP) and now it is the Centre for Advanced Studies in Chemistry (CAS) for the last 16 years. This is in recognition to its accomplishments in research and education. The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India has accorded it the status of "DST-FIST Supported Department".
- The department at the Panjab University has stimulating undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Frequent symposia, summer institutes, refresher and orientation courses have been organized for the benefit of University, College and School teachers as well as talented students. The educational programme COSIP of this department has created a deep and extensive impact on the quality of chemistry education in the region.
- The department has good instrumental facilities such as high resolution 300 MHz NMR, FT-IR, UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, Single-crystal X-ray diffraction unit, Polarimeter, Photocorrelation Spectrometer, HPLC, Polarograph, Gas Chromatograph and good computer facilities for carrying out advanced research.
- The library of the chemistry department is perhaps one of the best libraries in the subject, in Northern India. With its excellent collection of books, research journals and monographs, it occupies a special position of pride in the department. The facilities are often utilized by many science departments of the Panjab University as well as other universities, industries and institutes in the region.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a) B.Sc. (Hons School) students of Panjab University after passing B.Sc. (Hons. School) in Chemistry from Department of Chemistry, Panjab University.
- b) B.Sc. (Pass or Hons.) examination with 50% marks from PU or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with (a) Chemistry in all the three years/six semesters and (b) any two science subjects during two years/four semesters during graduation. iii) B.Sc. (Hons.) in any subject under Choice-based Credit System with 24 Credits in Chemistry as Generic Elective Subject
International143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 143 USD per year during 24 months.
National143 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 143 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 10624
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.