- The Anthropology programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The Department is well known for its researches in the fields of palaeoanthropology, palaeoecology, human growth and development, forensic anthropology, genetic epidemiology, twin studies, medical anthropology, and socio-cultural anthropology. It has made notable discoveries of primate and other mammalian fossils from the Siwaliks. It has on its faculty highly competent & efficient members whose work is internationally recognized and are recipients of many awards & honours.
- The Department offers undergraduate program (B.Sc. Hons.), postgraduate program (M.Sc. Hons.) (under framework of Honours School System) and Doctoral Degree program in Anthropology. It also runs a one-year Diploma Course in Forensic Science and Criminology, which is not only useful for the students having interest in Forensics but also useful for practicing Lawyers & Police officials.
- Infrastructure and Laboratory facilities for teaching and research are available in various sub-fields of Anthropology, namely, Osteology, Auxology, Serology and Bio-chemical Anthropology, Forensic anthropology, Forensic podiatry, Molecular anthropology, Palaeoanthropology, Prehistoric Archaeology, Dermatoglyphics, etc.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Merit based1. B.Sc (H.S.) Anthropology or equivalent exam.2. B.A/B.Sc. with 50% of P.U. or any other exam. recognized by P.U., as equivalent thereto.
International160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 160 USD per year during 24 months.
National160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 160 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 11875
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.