- The Human Genomics programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The main goal of our department is to inspire and educate young minds in Genetics and Genomics. Students learn to approach problems and formulate questions that span the full range of biological systems, from genes to cells to medicine to evolution. Research in Genetics and Genomics is quickly becoming the key source of new insights, better understanding, and targeted treatments of both rare monogenic diseases and common complex diseases such as coronary heart disease, cancer, etc.
- Our ethos reflects and fosters a passion for discovery and curiosity and a commitment to excellence. The goal of this Centre is to provide the most advanced and comprehensive education possible related to human genome at the post graduate level.
- We highly value interdisciplinary knowledge and collaboration as the core of our effort. Our research addresses the molecular mechanisms underlying fundamental processes in biology and disease. We apply genetic, biochemical, cell biological, computational and biophysical approaches to study various questions/problems in biology. We are motivated towards understanding of human biology and disease and to develop solutions to societal health problems.
- Mission is to establish specific scientific programs that will be available to the public, to improve human health and well-being through education and research.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc.(Pass or Honours) under 10+2+3 pattern of examination with atleast 55% marks in Physical, Chemical, Biological, Pharmaceutical Science or in medicine from any University/Institute recognized by P.U.
- Based on PUCET(P.G.)
- 5% concession is admissible in eligibility requirement to SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates
International489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 489 USD per year during 24 months.
National489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 489 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 36,297
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.