Professor R. E. Peck from I.I.T. Chicago joined as the first Head of Institute. Since its inception in 1958, the Institute has established itself as a premier institution engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. Research in terms of publications and extramural funding has substantially increased over the years. The Institute has highly qualified core faculty of high professional profile to meet the emerging trends and challenges in the field of chemical engineering and allied areas on a global platform.
The year 2008 was the Golden Jubilee year of the Institute. As part of Celebrations, the Institute hosted CHEMCON-2008 (61st Annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers), which included a joint US-India Conference on Energy.
The Chemical Engineering - Environmental Engineering programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- To achieve national and international recognition fulfilling the Panjab University's proud heritage through excellence in teaching, research and service.
Programme StructureThe graduates must have the ability to
- Apply knowledge of physical sciences, mathematics and chemical engineering, food Technology and allied fields.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using fundamental and engineering sciences.
- Conduct experiments and design commercial equipments or processes with specific consideration of environmental, social, health and safety aspects in the area of chemical engineering and allied fields.
- Use research methods, design of experiments and analysis techniques to analyze, interpret and present data and to solve complex engineering problems and provide valid conclusions.
- Use the IT techniques, modeling and simulation skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Understand the importance of professional ethics.
- Function effectively either individually or as a member of a team with the objective of performing and achieving goals.
- Communicate and present themselves effectively.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Chemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 31 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.E./B.Tech.(Chemical) (04 years) or Five Year Integrated B.E.(Chem.)with MBA with a CGPA of 6.00 or at least 60% marks in the aggregate (where % marks are awarded) in the qualifying examination i.e. B.E./B.Tech. (chemical)(04 years) or Five Year Integrated B.E.(Chem.)with MBA or any other equivalent qualifying degree as approved by the Syndicate. Admission on the basis of Apptitude Test conducted by the Institute, or as decided by the Syndicate. GATE qualified candidates will be exempted from the Apptitude Test and in case of eligible GATE qualified candidates the merit list will be as per the Percentile obtained and shall be offered the seat at the first instance.
International300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 USD per year during 24 months.
National300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 USD per year during 24 months.
- Ist Year Rs.22315/-, 2nd Year Rs.21832/-
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.